Notification for Jiangsu-bound travelers
The safety and health of everyone in Jiangsu has always been our top priority. Since the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, the province has been taking effective actions to curb the spread of the virus. Now is a critical moment in this global struggle. It is the responsibility of every country to unite as one to fight this common enemy. To this end, we want to work with you to protect our cities, safeguard the health of every individual, and create a safe and reliable environment in which people can live and work without fear.
Please follow the requirements of the health authorities and visit designated sites for centralized quarantine. Daily necessities will be prepared and delivered to those who must home quarantine.
Please be aware that it is important to protect yourself even after quarantine ends. Individuals should go out as little as possible, avoid gatherings, refrain from going to parties or dining in crowded places, wear a mask correctly when going out, wash hands and ventilate rooms frequently, and maintain good hygiene habits.
Please keep a close watch on not only your own health but also that of your family. Take your temperature regularly, visit a nearby fever clinic right away if you experience symptoms such as fever, cough or fatigue, and truthfully report your travel history and close contacts to your doctor.
We wish you and your family good health!
In light of the global pandemic situation and the urgency of preventing imported cases, Jiangsu will put all international arrivals under centralized quarantine for 14 days (home quarantine may apply to those unfit for centralized quarantine) starting on March 23.
I. Requirements for centralized quarantine sites
1. Hotels serving as quarantine sites must be authorized to accommodate foreigners and must have single rooms with private spaces and washroom facilities.
2. The sites should be equipped with regular medicine, thermometers, sphygmomanometers, individual protective equipment (such as protective masks), disinfection products (chlorinated tissues/disinfectants and 70% or above ethyl alcohol) and vehicles for transferring close contacts and staff.
3. The sites should have readily available medical staff, logistics vehicles, security, and interpreters.
II. Requirements for individuals staying at centralized quarantined sites
1. Please cooperate fully with our staff at the quarantine sites. Do not receive visitors or go out without permission, and do not visit or gather with others at the quarantine site.
2. Please cooperate with staff who will take your temperature twice a day, collect samples and perform regular medical checks.
3. Monitor your own health conditions. Report to staff immediately if you experience symptoms such as fever, dry cough, fatigue, chest distress, shortness of breath, diarrhea, vomit, eye swelling or aching, and cooperate during medical checks, transfer and treatment.
4. Close the toilet lid before flushing and make sure there is water in the sewer pipes in the lavatory.
5. Dump your waste in the designated garbage bins as required. Your waste will be taken away by our staff on a daily basis.
6. Use of consumables or damage to any article at the quarantine site shall be paid for.
7. Try to maintain a positive mindset, exercise properly in the room, and entertainment yourself by surfing the internet, reading or video chatting with family members or friends.
8. Expenses occurred during the quarantine including accommodation, food and beverage shall be paid for according to requirements set by local authorities.
9. At the end of the quarantine period, people without any symptoms and who test negative for the novel coronavirus will be given a Notice of Release from Medical Quarantine upon leaving the quarantine site.
III. Requirements for home quarantine sites
1. Sites suited for home quarantine are privately-owned residences or rentals which allow the person in quarantine to have a single room with private washroom facilities. If multiple residences are available, living alone is recommended for the person in need of home quarantine.
2. A room with good ventilation is needed. Central air-conditioning should not be used. A separate heater is recommended instead if needed.
3. A room suited for home quarantine must have the following items: a thermometer, surgical masks, antiseptic wipes, hand sanitizers, disinfectants such as 84 disinfectant, and a closed garbage bin with a plastic bag inside.
IV. Requirements for individual in home-quarantine
1. It is essential that you voluntarily undergo a 14-day home quarantine without going out.
2. During the quarantine, please avoid contact with people under the same roof.
3. Have your body temperature taken at least once every morning and afternoon, and closely monitor your health conditions to see if acute respiratory symptoms such as cough or other symptoms such as fatigue, headache, or gastrointestinal reactions occur.
4. During home quarantine, please immediately contact the staff assigned to you if any symptoms such as fever or respiratory infection appear. Should symptoms occur, the staff will report to the local health authorities and accompany you to a designated fever clinic in a designated vehicle.
5. At the end of home quarantine, individuals without symptoms and who test negative for the novel coronavirus will be officially released from quarantine upon receiving a Notice on Release from Medical Quarantine.
Ms. Ivy Zong
Tel: +86 21 6390 6161-828
Fax: +86 21 6390 6858
Mr. Edward Gao
Tel: +86 10 6590 7766-765
Fax: +86 10 6590 6139